Traineeship opportunities at Tulgeen- closing COB tomorrow
Undergo on the job training to carry out duties of a Disability Support Worker while obtaining a Certificate III or Certificate IV qualification in Disability or Community Services.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Support people to achieve their goals or aspirations through the competent provision of quality support services.
• Assist with centre-based activities, including cooking, art, craft, music, reading, games etc.
• Provide community access visits according to clients’ interests such as going to parks, restaurants, movies etc.
• Assist with personal care, including showering, food preparation, medical visits, shopping, financial support, basic household maintenance and cleaning, transport and other goals and needs
• Provide emotional and social support for people.
• Maintain a clean and safe workplace, and abide by health and safety policies and procedures.
• Work cooperatively with other team members.
• Demonstrate punctuality and meet agreed schedules and timelines.
• Adhere to organisation policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Complete other tasks as directed.
• Attend on and off the job training as agreed.
• Complete assessment tasks on time.
• Proven experience setting and achieving goals.
• Current NSW Drivers Licence
• Current First Aid Certificate
• NSW Police Check
• Working with Children’s Check
• Basic IT skills (Word, Excel and email) ability to learn.
• Competent verbal and written communication.
• Organised and able to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrates sensitivity & respect for diversity of clients and colleagues.
• Respects client confidentiality.
• Organised and ability to prioritise work and study activities.
• Prepared to enrol and complete a Certificate III or Certificate IV in Disability or Community Services.
Remuneration Range: Rates dependent on skills, age and education according to the Miscellaneous Award 2010
Hours: Hours on commencement 9am – 3.30pm, then transition to shift work
Tenure: Permanent Part time traineeship Miscellaneous Award, 4 shifts per week
How to apply: Applications should include:
• a cover letter,
• document addressing criteria for essential criteria, skills and qualifications
More information and position description by clicking here.
Applications should be forwarded to Ruth Ayling firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 7th January, 2019